Telethon Kids Institute is committed to involving consumers and the community in all aspects of our research.
One way the Wal-yan Respiratory Research Centre provides the opportunity for consumers and community members to contribute to our research is through participation in one of our eight community reference groups.
Although each community reference group is unique, they all have a shared purpose to:
- support the development of partnerships between researchers, consumers, and research organisations
- provide a consumer perspective to the research being conducted, and
- enhance the quality and relevance of research activities through consumer participation.
Examples of how community reference group members may participate in research development and planning include:
- providing guidance on community priorities for research, how to carry out the research and how to communicate the results of the research
- providing advice and support on research grant applications and plain language summaries, and
- reviewing information sheets and questionnaires used in the process of study recruitment.
If you would like to get involved in our research, please email the relevant community reference group contact listed below, or email email@example.com.
Pictured: Members of the Next Generation CF Youth Consumer Reference Group